Perfect for potlucks! This retro Christmas dessert treat brings me right back to my childhood – memories of trying to sneak another one of these Christmas goodies at my grandmother’s house over the holidays!
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cup icing sugar (confectioners sugar)
1 1/2 cup shredded coconut (sweetened)
1 Tbsp whipping cream (half and half ok)
24-30 maraschino cherries
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs OR ground almonds
Directions to make Christmas Cherry Balls- Retro Holiday Recipe
1. Cream the softened butter and confectioners’ sugar by hand or kitchen mixer.
2. Mix in coconut and whipping cream – adjust cream. Refrigerate 20 minutes or until firm.
3. Drain maraschino cherries and set aside.
4. Using hands, take walnut size amount and shape the icing sugar mixture around each cherry.
5. Finish by rolling each of the little cherry balls in the graham cracker crumbs or nuts.
6. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
Freezes really well!
Hope you enjoy this retro desert as mic as I do.
What is your favorite retro or vintage dessert? that brings back happy memories for you?